Snowcat Down

Thursday, February 09 2012 @ 04:10 PM MST

Contributed by: Bear Lake State Park

Thursday, February 09, 2012
Last night while grooming Franklin Basin I hit some dirt with the front blade bending the left side of the blade almost to the tracks. After detaching the blade from the cat, I hauled it down to our repair shop. It is in really bad shape, so it will take a week to ten days to fix. Prinoth does not have a new one in the Western United States to replace it with, so we are going to have to repair the old one. 
We have contacted Hyrum State Park to see if we can share their cat for a few days next week. They have agreed to let us have it Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week (15, 16, and 17) 
Here is what we will try and get done:
Planning to Groom
Amazon            2/15, 2/17
Beaver Creek    2/15, 2/17
Franklin Basin   2/15, 2/17
Garden City      2/17 Maybe?
Tony Grove       2/15
Sinks Trail         2/16
Swan flat          2/17
Temple             2/16 Maybe?
Out of State Snowmobile Permits are being sold at the following locations:
Bear Lake State Park – Marina
1035 North Bear Lake Blvd
Garden City, UT 84028
The Top 3 violations in Logan Canyon
Anyone 17 and younger must wear a helmet when operating or being a passenger on a snowmobile, ATV or motorcycle.
Off highway vehicles must be registered before transporting or operating on public roads or land. Registration stickers must be displayed (stuck on the machine) along with the month sticker. Do not carry them in your bag and think that is good enough. It’s not!!! The decals will stick on the tunnel and hood very well if the machine is warm when you stick them on. Placing them on the belly pan will get ripped off when riding in deep snow.
Anyone (Utah resident or non-resident) between the age of 8 and 15 must posses Utah Safety Certificate to operate a snowmobile, ATV, or Motorcycle in Utah. To sign up for a classes at

Comments (3)

Utah Snowmobile Association