Hi this is Jeff Steele your Assistant State Praks Trail Grooming coordinator for the Uintah Basin snowmobile complex.
As of 12/15/2012, the following Forest Service roads have been closed to vehicular traffic :
- Chepita Lake - 6" plus in higher elevations
- Paradise - 6" plus in higher elevations
- Dry Fork - 6 " plus in higher elevations
- Taylor Mountain - 6" plus in higher elevations
- East Park - 8" plus in higher elevations
- East McKee - 8 " plus in higher elevations
Grooming operations will begin when adequate snow levels exist to operate the Snow Cat.
We encourage you to obtain an avalanche advisory before venturing out into the backcountry. Also be prepared with the appropriate gear and training. If you have snowmobile riders under the age of 16, they need to take the snowmobile safety course, which is required by law. The safety course can be taken at www.stateparks.utah.gov.
Utah Snowmobile Association