Hi. This is Jeff Steele your Assistant Trail Grooming Coordinator for the Uintah Basin snowmobiling complex.
As of 01/02/2013, Utah State Parks and Uintah County are finalizing their grooming agreement. Grooming operations should start soon for the complex.
The following snow conditions exist:
- Chepeta Lake - 8 + inches inches in higher elevations
- Paradise Lake - 8 + inches in higher elevations
- Dry Fork - 7 + inches in higher elevations
- Taylor Mountain - 7 + inches in higher elevations
- East Fork - 7 + inches in higher elevations
- East McKee - 6 + inches in higher elevations
All parking lots at trailheads have been plowed .
We encourage you to obtain an avalanche advisory before venturing out into the backcountry. Also be prepared with the appropriate gear and training. If you have snowmobile riders under the age of 16, they need to take the snowmobile safety course, which is required by law. The safety course can be taken at www.stateparks.utah.gov.
Utah Snowmobile Association