Be aware of hazards off the groomed trails. Especially in low country where stumps and rocks are lurking. Hopefully the 10+ inches forecasted for this weekend will improve off-trail conditions.
Do not forget to check the avalanche forecast before heading out - www.utahavalanchecenter.org - This is also a great site to get a sense of riding conditions. Ted Scroggin provides frequent observations from the North Slope that include snow and riding conditions. From the Utah Avalanche Center's website select Detailed Info/All The Good Stuff/Uintas.
We continue to groom 3 - 4 days per week from the North Slope Parking Lot.
- Tuesday is North Slope Parking to Whitney Guard Station.
- Wednesday is North Slope Parking to Meeks Cabin. If necessary, we continue east to Bridger Lake.
* Be aware that a logging operations are taking place at Meeks Cabin TH. Part of the road is plowed for haul trucks and a strip is left for snowmachines to get out of the parking area.
- Thursday is North Slope Parking to Mirror Lake.
- Friday we touch-up routes based on need.
Utah Snowmobile Association